Are you a Citibank Card user? Have you activated your card online? If you haven’t, you can activate your card online easily using cardactivation.citi.com website easily.
In this page, we have a step by step guide on completing the card activation process of Citibank cards online using cardactivation.citi.com.
You can either scroll down for the step by step guide or visit the official website directly using the direct link.
|Card Name||Citibank Card|
|Direct Link||Click Here|
How to Activate Citibank card online?
Follow these steps given below to activate your Citibank card online.
- Click on the below given button to access cardactivation.citi.com, which is the official website of Citibank card activation.
- Now, on the next page, you will be asked to enter your credit card info, your social security number or employee ID.
- Enter what all is asked and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you will be asked to enter more info about yourself and your account.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button.
- Your card will be activated now and can be used for transactions anywhere.
How to activate your Citi card on the phone?
If you’re not interested in activating your card online, you can go for the phone activation for activating your card.
Here’s the toll-free card activation hotline of Citibank:
1860 210 2484
Call the phone number and connect to the customer support executive to start your card activation.
Facing any issues?
If you’re facing any issues regarding cardactivation Citi.com, you can contact their customer support for help.
Here’s the customer support toll-free number of Citibank Card support:
1860 210 2484
cardactivation citi com Notes
- The security code of the card will be on the back of the card and will be 3 digits long.
Which card can be activated with this method?
You can use this method to activate the below-given cards:
- Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Citi® Secured Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi Rewards+℠ Card
Citibank is well known not just across America but also across the globe as a trusted leading bank. It is the consumer division of Citigroup, a financial services multinational company. As of date, Citibank has over 2700 branches spread over 19 countries. This includes over 800 branches on American soil. The bank provides credit cards, mortgages, personal and commercial loans, and lines of credit.
Apart from this the bank also has a private-label credit card division, Citi Retail Services. Costco, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, The Home Depot, Staples Inc., Shell oil are among the several retail chains which are provided store brought credit cards by this group.
Citibank has also made a place among its customers as a trusted online banking partner. It has at least 15 million online users due to their efficient online services.
A lesson in history
Founded in 1812, the City Bank was initially used for financial services by its owner Samuel Osgood. The bank joined the US banking system in 1863 and grew to become one of the largest banks in the country by 1868. The Federal Act allowed City bank to begin operations overseas with offices in London, Shanghai, and Calcutta.
Renamed as Citibank in 1976, the bank turned into a holding company Citicorp. The Citibank became its subsidiary.
Leading the way
Citibank became one of the pioneers of new means of banking. The inception of ATMs saw their ATMs spread put through 7-Elevens across America as early as 1970. With the inception of the World Wide Web, Citibank was one of the first banks to launch their website in 1991. By 1995 their clients had direct online access to their money.
Beating the Recession
The bank was hit badly during the recession of 2008-09. It has to resort to cutting down jobs and selling off its minor companies. The US Treasury made a bailout and invested $45 billion in the company. With aggressive marketing and smart strategies in place, the bank repaid its loans to the US Treasury in full, along with interest, by 2010.
The present days…
Citibank has made several changes in recent times to stabilize its base. Citigroup withdrew operations from 11 markets spread across Europe and Central America. It sold all 41 branches in Texas in 2014. This was followed by the sale of its 17 branches in Massachusetts in 2015. The group was also ordered to pay $770 million in relief for its ‘deceptive marketing’ practices such as misrepresenting costs and fees and charging customers for services they did not receive, all among its credit cardholders.
By 2017, Citibank was being said to be “India’s most profitable foreign lender” by The Economic Times of India.
The group recently announced that it would split into two separate entities. Citicorp would handle all the traditional banking services, and Citi Holdings Inc. would manage all the non-banking services such as brokerage and asset management. This is being done to ensure that no future circumstance would affect the companies adversely.
Best Rated Citi Credit Cards
- Citi Simplicity Card
- Citi Premier Card
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- Credit Card Insider: Citi ThankYou Preferred Credit Card- 3/5 stars.
- creditcards.com: Citi Simplicity® Card review-3.7/5 stars.
- Nerd Wallet: Citi Double Cash Review- 4.3/5 stars.
- Consumer Affairs: CitiCard Review- 3.5/5 stars.
We hope you were able to activate your Citi card using cardactivation.citi.com website correctly. Write down your opinion about Citibank cards and their activation process on the comment box given below.